Examples of cases involving suspension at work
Following the last two episodes in which I covered suspending employees I have compiled some cases involving suspension at work to give you some examples of the facts and circumstances.
In this episode I will cover:
- Camden and Islington Mental Health and Social Care Trust v Atkinson UKEAT/0058/07
- Gogay v Hertfordshire County Council – Court of Appeal 2000;
- Mezey v South West London & St George’s Mental Health Trust – Court of Appeal;
- Milne v The Link Asset & Security Company Limited – Employment Appeal Tribunal;
- Shipstone v Leicestershire County Council – Leicester Employment Tribunal.
You can review Employment Tribunal Judgements that have been published here: https://www.gov.uk/employment-tribunal-decisions
- Seek advice about the particular circumstances, every case is different;
- Review the suspension checklist before suspending;
- Take care not to make snap decisions or judgments;
- Listen to the two earlier episodes on suspension here 85 and 86.
Get in touch to get your copy of the free suspension checklist, email [email protected]
Please do not worry I will not send you spam!
Would you like advice about your situation?
Appointments are available on the telephone or via Skype throughout the UK.
Alternatively we offer face to face appointments on the Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Eastleigh, Southampton, Fareham, Portsmouth, Winchester and surrounding areas in Hampshire.
The information contained in this Podcast and post is provided for guidance and is a snapshot of the law at the time. It is provided for your information only and should not be used as a substitute for obtaining legal advice that it specific to your particular circumstances.
The guidance should not be relied upon in any decision making process. It is strongly recommended that you seek advice before taking action.